The Mississippi Transportation Commission placed ten contracts for maintenance projects across Mississippi at its February 9 meeting.
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) will oversee the projects that will maintain and improve transportation infrastructure across the state
Only one of the road works contracts was awarded to a highway project in the Mississippi Delta.
“These projects will make our highways safer and make Mississippi a better place to live and work,” said Melinda McGrath, PE, MDOT executive director. “All of our projects, whether paving the road or replacing bridges, help ensure that businesses and people in Mississippi have an efficient and reliable infrastructure for travel and the transportation of goods and services.”
“Safety is always a top priority at MDOT,” said Commissioner John Caldwell, Northern Transportation District. “These projects will greatly increase security and mobility across northern Mississippi.”
The contracts awarded for the Northern Transportation District were:
• Ripley-based WG Construction Company won a $ 7 million contract for a 9-mile mill and overlay project on US Highway 45 from Euclatubba Road to the Prentiss County Line in Lee County.
• APAC-Mississippi won a $ 2.4 million contract for a 5-mile mill and overlay project on SR 15 off the Pontotoc County line north of Central Avenue in Union County.
• Memphis-based Lehman-Roberts Company won a $ 20.9 million contract for a 12-mile mill and overlay project on Interstate 55 off the Carroll County line south of Carroll County in Montgomery County.
• Talbot Brothers Construction Company, Inc. and Talbot Brothers Grading Company, Inc., a joint venture of Nesbit, received a $ 125,601 contract to improve the safety rail on Chucky Mullins Drive on US Highway 278 in Lafayette County.
The following contracts were awarded in the Southern Transportation District:
• Warren Paving Inc. of Hattiesburg received a $ 5.3 million contract for a 9.4 mile overlay project on US Highway 84 from the Jones County line east of Wayne County.
• Dunn Roadbuilders, LLC of Laurel received a $ 7.5 million contract for a 20 mile mill and overlay project on State Route 15 from State Route 18 to the Newton County Line in Jasper County.
The contracts awarded for the Central Transportation District were:
• Madison-based Key, LLC received a $ 3.1 million contract to replace a bridge rail on US Highway 49 north for the overpass of Interstate 20 West in Rankin County.
• APAC – Mississippi, Inc. of Richland received a $ 4.2 million contract for a 12.2 mile mill and overlay project on US 49 east of State Route 12 in Tchula to the Leflore County line and on State Route 818 from US 49 east to the railroad tracks in Holmes County.
• Jackson WG Yates & Sons Construction Company won a $ 1.3 million bridge replacement contract on State Route 19 in Neshoba County.
• Gibson & Associates, Inc. of Balch Springs, Texas, received a $ 514,745 contract for a bridge repair project on Siwell Road on Interstate 55 in Hinds County.