Workforce Plus is MultiGreen’s new plan to build 40,000 economically and environmentally sustainable technology-based housing units in ten US states by 2030, including Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington, as well as British Columbia. All buildings with several residential units of the Workforce Plus initiative should contribute directly to the quality of life of the tenants and meet the LEED, Green Globes, WELL and Fitwel certifications in order to promote health and well-being.
At the start of the Workforce Plus initiative, MultiGreen will use the Autodesk Construction Cloud to digitize and connect their processes throughout the project lifecycle. BuildingConnected gives the MultiGreen team more transparency for the trading partners involved in the project, ensures compliance is built into the bidding process, and reduces risk by reporting potential problems with specialist contractors during the bidding process.
By standardizing BIM 360 from Autodesk Construction Cloud, MultiGreen can fully own and centralize the flow of information and BIM-rich data throughout the project – all from a common data environment in the cloud. In addition, the company will leverage the integration of BIM 360 with the embodied carbon calculator (EC3), which will allow users to easily access, view and analyze carbon emissions from materials in the large model viewer. The MultiGreen team also uses Autodesk products such as Autodesk Build, Autodesk Takeoff, Revit and Autodesk Inventor and plans to use Autodesk’s recently announced digital twin solution Autodesk Tandem.
“When you’re embarking on a mission of this scale, it’s important to make proactive investments – especially in technology,” he said Levi Nass, Head of Development for MultiGreen. “We run this project from the concept and design phase through to completion of the project and day-to-day operations. So it is a huge advantage to be able to manage everything on a central platform and in a common data environment. Autodesk Construction Cloud offers first-class, holistic tools with which we can take full ownership of our data and provide valuable insights that we can then share across the company. “
Sustainability at the heart of every phase of Workforce Plus
MultiGreen advocates a sustainable lifestyle for tenants in their buildings, for example promoting a culture of waste reduction and recycling in every community – and this sustainable mentality begins before the foundation stone is laid. The company will apply green building principles throughout the lifecycle of the Workforce Plus project, including:
- Sustainable site and material selection – optimizing land use and development to reduce adverse impacts and minimize the ecological footprint, reusing materials and using recycled and environmentally friendly building materials to reduce material extraction, processing, transportation, solid waste and consumption.
- Energy Production and Efficiency – Setting and monitoring performance targets that take into account intended use, occupancy and other energy processes, as well as the inclusion of renewable energy generators such as sun protection and solar panels on the roof.
- Maximizing water efficiency – reducing wastewater through optimized landscaping, integrated rainwater catchment areas, gray water recycling and wastewater treatment systems.
- Design with a healthy lifestyle in mind – standardize health-conscious details such as improved ventilation and thermal comfort, humidity control and daylight. Any multi-unit building will also consider proximity to schools, grocery stores, shopping malls, parks and other public areas, entertainment and recreation areas, and fitness and health facilities.
- Economically sustainable operation through environmental construction techniques – Maximizing energy efficiency techniques to generate lower CO2 emissions. For example, MultiGreen will use high quality thermal performance materials for better insulation at a fraction of the cost of current solutions. Innovations like these make the operation of MultiGreen properties both at the property level and for individual tenants more affordable and at the same time reduce the overall impact on the environment.
“Our goal is to build environmentally sound, technically advanced homes for families who are struggling to enter the homeowner market. Our research shows that these people consist of firefighters, nurses, teachers, and others, both before and during the overall global health were crucial pandemic, “said Randy Norton, CEO of MultiGreen. “Workforce Plus is not about increasing earnings, but about positively influencing the world. We knew that we had to standardize and digitize our processes from start to finish in order to build better and more efficiently, and as an Autodesk shop we just do this. ” Autodesk is helping us lead the way so we can establish best practices that we hope other builders will follow. “
“Autodesk’s mission is to empower teams to build the New Possible – and a big part of the New Possible is making sure sustainability is built into the built environment from the start,” he said Jim Lynch, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Autodesk Construction Solutions. “MultiGreen’s plan to create environmentally and economically sustainable living is one that we are closely following. With Autodesk Construction Cloud, MultiGreen can streamline workflows and take full ownership of data Years of working closely with them. “
Learn about Autodesk
Autodesk makes software for the people who do things. If you’ve ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great movie, you’ve probably learned what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to do it all. For more information, please visit autodesk.com or @autodesk.
Safe Harbor Statement:
We can make statements about planned or future development efforts for our existing or new products and services. These statements are not intended as a promise or guarantee of future delivery of products, services, or features, but merely reflect our current plans, which are subject to change. Purchase decisions should not be made on the basis of these statements. The company assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that will arise or change after the date on which they were made.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, Autodesk Build, Autodesk Construction Cloud, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Takeoff, Autodesk Tandem, BIM 360, BuildingConnected, and Revit are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. and / or its subsidiaries and / or affiliates in the United States and / or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective owners. Autodesk reserves the right to change product and service offerings, specifications and prices at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
© 2021 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Autodesk, Inc.