WEEK OF AUGUST 16
AKRON, Ohio (Thursday, August 12, 2021) – The following construction projects are expected to affect highways in Summit County next week. All work described is dependent on the weather.
I-76 / I-77 Akron Beltway Project
Interstate 76/77 Akron Beltway Reconstruction, Akron – Reconstruction of I-76 / I-77 between Princeton Ave. to V. Odom Blvd., I-77 between Cole Ave. and Waterloo Rd. and on State Route 8 / I-76 / I-77 Central Junction.
Starting on Monday morning, August 16. The following changes in traffic pattern will occur:
- The driveway from I-76 / Kenmore Leg north to I-76 east will reopen.
- The driveway from I-76 / Kenmore Leg north to I-77 north will reopen.
- I-76 / US 224 east to I-76 / Kenmore Leg will reopen.
- The ramp west from I-277 to I-76 / Kenmore Leg will reopen.
- Battles Ave. to I-76 / Kenmore Leg to the north will reopen.
- The driveway from Kenmore Blvd to I-76 / Kenmore Leg to the north will reopen.
Starting Tuesday morning August 17, the driveway from State Route 8 south to I-77 north / I-76 west will be CLOSED until May 2023. The diversion is via I-77 south to I-277 west to I-76 / Kenmore Leg north.
NEW IMPACT – As of Wednesday morning, August 18, the driveway from I-77 northbound to I-76 westbound will be CLOSED until May 2023. The diversion is via I-277 west to I-76 / Kenmore Leg north.
NEW IMPACT – As of Friday morning, August 20, the following changes in traffic pattern will occur:
- I-77 northbound / I-76 westbound at Kenmore Leg will be CLOSED until the end of October. The diversion is via I-77 south to I-277 west to I-76 / Kenmore Leg north.
- The driveway from I-76 West / I-77 north to I-76 / Kenmore Leg south will be reopened.
- 22ndnd I-76 / Kenmore Leg to the south will reopen.
NEW IMPACT – As of Saturday morning, August 21, the following changes in the traffic pattern will occur:
- The southbound driveway from Carroll St. to State Route 8 will be closed until the end of September. The detour leads via Fountain St. to Perkins St.
- Motorists traveling south on State Route 8 between Carroll St. and Johnston St. should be aware of a new traffic pattern. Traffic on State Route 8 going south will be split, crossing the left lane onto State Route 8 going north while the two right lanes continuing on State Route 8 going south.
Interstate 77 expansion project
Interstate 77/277 / US224 Lane renewal and widening, Coventry Township
NEW IMPACT – As of Tuesday morning, August 17th, the following restrictions will apply:
- I-77 south between I-277 / US 224 and Arlington Road. is reduced to three 11 foot lanes.
- The ramp from I-277 in the east to I-77 in the south will be reduced to one lane.
- I-77 going north between I-277 / US 224 and Arlington Rd. Is reduced to three 11-foot lanes. Expected completion July 2024.
Reconstruction of State Route 8 in Cuyahoga Falls, Stow, Hudson & Boston Heights – complete replacement of the sidewalk on State Route 8 between Graham Rd. And State Route 303. Expected completion July 2022.
NEW IMPACT – On Friday evening, August 13th, starting at 7 p.m. on State Route 303 between Akron Peninsula Rd. And Terex Road. until Saturday morning, 14.
State Route 619 roundabout, green
State Route 619, west of State Route 241, is NOW OPEN.
For a full list of active developments in Summit County, please click HERE.