The short and long term road construction projects that could affect your drive … Please be careful, drive slowly and watch out for heavy equipment, construction workers and traffic control flags.
- All transport projects may be delayed or extended due to the weather and / or the current health situation.
For more information, contact the San Marcos City Tourist Office at 512.393.8036.
EAST SAN ANTONIO STREET – AGRICULTURAL MARKET | 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
EVERY SATURDAY – Half a block down the street from Alley to N. LBJ closed to the Farmers Market on the Square. Main Street Program 512.393.8430.
SPECIAL SIDEWALK LATCHES
SIDEWALK AND LANE LOCKING: Several sidewalks and road closures from August 30th to September 3rd for the construction of sidewalks:
- Thorpe Street at the bus stop near Robbie Lane: 1101 Thorpe Lane will have intermittent lane closures, sidewalk closures and a closed bus stop.
- 400 block north street: Road closures and sidewalks.
- 300 block Hopkins Street: Closure of sidewalks and bus stops.
- 200 block Mühlenstrasse: Road closures, sidewalks and bus stops.
- Thorpe Lane on Aquarena Springs Drive: Lane closures, relocated bus stops and temporary closures of sidewalks.
- 1800 block Aquarena Springs Dr: Temporary road closures, relocated bus stops and sidewalks.
- Bus stops on Parker Drive near Del Sol: Bus stops and temporary sidewalks have been blocked by temporary road closures.
- Bus stop on De Zavala near HWY 123: Temporary road closures, relocated bus stops and temporary closures of sidewalks.
- Bus stop on the Stagecoach Trail near Dutton Drive: Temporary closure of lanes, relocation of bus stops and temporary closure of sidewalks.
- Bus stop at the 200-300 block Stagecoach Trail: Temporary closure of lanes, sidewalks and bus stops.
- Bus stop on the northwest side of Centerpoint Road at the outlet mall: Temporary closure of lanes, relocated bus stop and temporary closure of sidewalks.
- 1100 Block Leah Drive: Intermittent road closures.
For more information, contact the San Marcos City Public Works Department at 512-393-8036.
CURRENT CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
HOPKINS STREET | MAY 2020 – SPRING 2022
Hopkins Street between Bishop Street and Moore Street will be closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic for a road rehabilitation project. Traffic will be diverted to Craddock at both ends of the project, only allowing local traffic. Phase 4 is underway with local traffic closures from Blanco to Moore Street. The overall completion of the project is expected in spring 2022. For more information, call Richard Reynosa of the San Marcos City Engineering Department at 512.393.8235.
CONWAY DRIVE | AUGUST 31 – SEPTEMBER 4 | 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Conway Drive on River Road will be closed for utility work. For more information, contact Cash Construction Company at 512-430-0108.
UHLANDSTRASSE | MARCH 2021 – OCTOBER 2021
1396 Uhland Road to Aquarena Springs Road will be closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic for a road rehabilitation project. For more information, call Todd Keltgen at 512.212.7990.
IMPROVEMENTS OF THE ROAD GUADALUPE | CURRENT – END OF SUMMER 2021
Sidewalk from Guadalupe Street on Martin Luther King Drive to the level crossing closed for reconstruction. Completion is expected by the end of summer 2021. For more information, contact New Age General Contractors, Inc. at 830-560-9077.
ADMINISTRATIVE PROJECT VICTORY GARDENS | AUGUST 1 – AUGUST 31 | 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Victory Gardens neighborhood is undergoing a new underground utility installation. The road closure affects Patton Street. For more information, contact Darren of Cox Commercial Construction at 956.601.1645.
WEST SESSOMS DRIVE | AUGUST 3, 2021 – AUGUST 3, 2023
West Sessom Drive from LBJ Drive to Canyon Road will have single lane closures for Boring Operations – Diego Ratchford – 512.250.8310.
CENTERPOINT STREET | SEPTEMBER 9, 2021 | 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Centerpoint Road from IH-35 to City Limits will have lane closures at times for lane renewal. For more information, contact Public Services and Transportation at 512-393-8036.